Pages

Mileage counter

Monday 22 August 2011

Roadwork

Thanks everyone for the comments on my last post. I got some good advice and like Sarah has mentioned on her blog it's easy to feel alone in food struggles so thanks for reminding me I'm not a crazy weirdo for feeling the way I do sometimes!

The boxing session I went to yesterday was tough! Something the runners will appreciate! We went to the docks to do roadwork on a bridge with LOTS of steps!!

  • Sprint up steps (one at a time), skim down x 5
  • Sprint halfway across bridge (200m? ish) jog back x 5
  • Sprint halfway across bridge (200m? ish) jog back x 5
  • Stride up steps (as many as you can at a time), skim down x 5
  • Steady paced run approx 3 miles
  • Sprint up steps (one at a time), skim down x 2
  • Jog across bridge
  • Sprint up steps (one at a time), skim down x 2

Wobble back to gym!!

3 x 3 minutes on heavy bag with 1 min rest

Enjoyed this but my legs are feeling it today, I've got really sore shins, I'll have to be careful, I didn't have my trainers so I did all this running in my boxing boots which wasn't exactly ideal... need to remember to take my trainers to the gym!

Runners: do you incorporate steps into your training? I'd love to have access to a big stadium where I could run the steps!