Pages

Mileage counter

Sunday 21 August 2011

Strange Exercise Names

I've been boxing four times since I last blogged! Eeep! The first three sessions were fairly standard and went a little something like this... The bodyweight circuit is full of weird and wonderful sounding exercises... where do people get the ideas from when they name an exercise!

Warm up

Bodyweight circuit
  • Mule kick to tuck jump
  • Alternate lunge jumps
  • Dirty dogs
  • Superman surfers
  • One legged burpees
  • Crab roll push-up
  • Reverse lunge to hop
  • Pike push-ups
  • Kangaroo jumps
  • Breakdance push-ups
  • Mountain climber push-ups
If anyone wants a description of any of these strange moves let me know!

Bag rounds
7 x 3 mins 30s rest

Core circuit... you know how that one goes!
Cool down

The one last night however, wow! I am aching all over, my body just hurts! I even felt like I was going to faint during the team drills! Can definitely tell we're getting ready for the season, I'm hoping to get my medical in the next few weeks and as soon as that's through I will be getting fights booked!! Exciting and terrifying all at the same time, I can't wait but I know I will be nervous, not about getting hurt per se but about losing or not doing as well as I can! Anyway.. last nights killer session!

Warm up
Run 1.5 miles ish

Team drills in groups of 3
* person a runs to ring, picks up bag, runs back hands bag to person b who takes it back to ring and runs back, person c runs to ring, picks up back runs back hands to person a... etc....
* run to ring jump on to side of ring 10 times, run back to half way line, do 10 reverse lunge to hop, next person goes, each person did it four times
* run to ring pick up bag, run to team and back to ring carrying bag, run to half way point and do 10 mountain climber push-ups, run back to team, next person goes. Each person does it 3 times.

Carrying the heavy bag and running with it is so hard, I can't always position it quite right on my shoulder so it always bashes on my leg and gets in the way! It was the last drill where I felt all dizzy but I didn't stop, I did think about it though!!

Heavy bag pyramid
5 mins on - 1.20 mins rest
4 mins on - 1 min rest
3 mins on - 45s rest
2 mins on - 30s rest
1 min on - 30s rest
30s on
3 mins rest
30s on
1 min on - 30s rest
2 mins on - 30s rest
3 mins on - 45s rest
4 mins on - 1 min rest
5 mins on - 1.20 mins rest

Cool down

I'd been panicking every night about getting weighed and I did get weighed last night, I have put on weight and I'm really frustrated about it. I feel like I can't stop eating at the moment and I feel really out of control with it. I've been trying really hard not to throw up and doing really well for the most part but I cannot stand this weight gain, I feel huge all the time. I hope it evens out back where it was and that I can get this under control. I'm so sick of feeling like this. It's on my mind constantly, I even dream about it some nights I feel like I'm completely crazy sometimes. Ughh I wish I could just eat normally, it's either too much, too little, or too much and end up making myself sick... Mind you today hasn't been too bad I feel ok about it, probably a little less than I perhaps should have but enough to function and not so much I'm freaking out! I need to try do WIAW then I might have a day of good eats and no ed behaviour as I'll be baring all on the blog!

Well I think that's enough confused rambling for one day! I'm hopefully off boxing tomorrow morning before work, hope you're all having a good weekend!