Warm up (this one included squatting atg style and jogging? moving? as fast as you can along the floor in that position, moving as fast as you can in a bear hold and then in a crab hold... the first was the worst!)
8 mins continuous skipping
3 x 3 min heavy bag (1 min rest)
5 x 3 min touch sparring - working on technique - the coach seemed happy with me here but I was disappointed, I kept flinching and blinking even though it was only touch sparring and I knew I wasn't going to get hurt so it was annoying that I was flinching.. I know that will go once I get used to it again but...
Leg Circuit... Ohhhhhhhh.... Ouch!!
- Jumping over a bench with a 5kg medicine ball
- Jumping onto steps and off again with 25kg bar bell then stepping on and off the steps on the way back.. I realised afterwards seeing another guy finish it that I think this was meant to be squat jumps.. not just jumps.. think I may have ended up on the floor if I'd tried a squat jump though haha
- Clean and jumping lunge press... clean to waist then to shoulders with feet together then press to full arm extension whilst jumping and landing with your feet in a lunge position.. hope that made sense... it would be so much easier to show you..
- Jumping onto blocks... still bottling the big tall scary one haha.. I will get up there (and hopefully not end up on my arse..)!
- Lunge jumps over and onto a step
- Walking lunges with 25kg barbell
- Bunny hops with 5kg medicine ball (the WORST!! yowza)
- Calf extensions
- Hook movement with olympic barbell
We did it twice, once with 1 min per station then a second time with 30s per station we had a short break in between, maybe 5 mins... This was tough!
My legs are still hurting today from all of that! It's still feeling so good to be back though!
Is everyone excited about the Healthy Living Gathering? I cannot wait!