Pages

Mileage counter

Friday 16 July 2010

Tabatarghhhhhhhh

Does anyone who reads my blog do tabata workouts? In case you don't know what they are it's a workout which consists of 20s work 10s rest for 8 repeats or 4 minutes... Sounds easy right? Try it ;-)

The workout we did today consisted of 4 minutes of each exercise, 20s work, 10s rest and no rest in between except for the 10 seconds..

Squats
Bag work (fast punches)
Push-ups
Bag work
Core

20 minutes of hell! We nearly moved our rest day forward as we'd walked about 6 miles today but Mike twisted my arm into a workout at the last minute! I'm glad he did really but I hated him during it! I felt like I was going to be sick at least three times and at one point I shouted at him if I'm sick you're cleaning it... He wasn't too happy at that proposal!! Luckily I wasn't sick though haha

Oh, and I managed 42 push-ups in the tabata push-up section, bring back the weekly totals! I miss doing those! I'm sad to have had to leave my job but i'm happy to have more time and energy to blog and train. No more excuses! I'm back!!

4 comments:

  1. I love to hate Tabata's. They suck when I am doing them, but they are a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of them and think I'll pretend I still haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of tabata, sounds like a really good workout - I might try and give it ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Never Home Maker and saw the word Tabata and almost cried. Do you do Crossfit? I saw Burpees in there somewhere, too. I work with a personal trainer once a work doing Crossfit and tabatas kick my butt!! (especially the squars) (owie)

    ReplyDelete