Pages

Mileage counter

Friday 29 July 2011

7 Links

I was really excited when Sarah @ Every Day's a Picnic tagged me to write my 7 links, I think it's a great idea which has been floating around the blogosphere for a while now!

THE GOAL
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavour to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.

THE RULES
Blogger is nominated to take part
Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
And so it goes on!
We’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on our blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links

1. Most beautiful post – Meet Roxie

Roxie doesn't feature on this blog as much as she should! I need to take more pics of that crazy pooch!

and Crazy Snow Run

The snowy run post, well that was just crazy but we took some amazing pictures!

2. Most popular – Boxing Terms for non Boxers

A simple picture post explaining basic terms I throw about on here! Half of which meant nothing to me two years ago... This post makes my rambles easier to understand but it gets so many hits every week so it must help others too! Or at least I hope it does!

3. Most controversial – To Box or not to Box

This post was written after I seriously considered quitting boxing after an incompetent coach allowed sparring to happen where Mike got his eyesocket fractured... You all know how it ends now hehe couldn't stay away! (although seeing that picture again does make me feel a little queasy)

4. Most helpful – Core Challenge

I ran a core challenge last year which I thought was really fun! To get people started I posted lots of core exercises with poses to help people do them!

5. Surprise success – Manny Pacquiao Workout

I think this one is probably just so successful 'cause that man is so fit so people want to train like him, doesn't stop it being a kick arse workout though!

and Homemade Sugar Free Granola

A tasty (if I do say so myself) recipe which although it's scrummy I never expected it to still be getting regular hits today!





6. Not enough attention – Why I Box

This post is fairly old which is probably why it hasn't had much attention but it gives a bit of background into how I got into boxing.

7. Most proud – Good Friday Hill Race

My first ever race. I came last but I finished haha!

Now to nominate 5 other bloggers to tell us their 7 links:

I can't remember who's done this and who hasn't so I'm tagging anyone who comments who hasn't already been tagged!

Well that was quite an emotional journey going through all my old posts.. There were some I would have included had I done this a while ago like my first half marathon/engagement post but those things aren't really happy memories anymore.. It's strange to see how much my life has changed over the last 6 months I'm a lot less happy than I was when I first started this blog, my eating disorder has resurfaced and I feel totally out of control with it but at least I'm back boxing again and had my life stayed on the same path I wouldn't have been able to go to Ibiza and have such a great holiday so... Let's try to see the positives!

By the way, I'm sorry I've neglected my blog this past week or so... finding it hard to get back into my routine...I've been boxing about 5 times since I was back, the best being last Wednesdays session.... What a workout!! It involved several sprints with a boxing bag over my shoulder... an amazing core circuit and general arse whooping! Usual service to return next week, promise! I'm doing a sponsored tire push (300lb) on Sunday, am half excited and half terrified!! It's to raise money for kit for the team if anyone wants to sponsor me via paypal I would be so grateful! Let me know and I'll give you the details!