Pages

Mileage counter

Sunday 22 August 2010

Density Day

I'm embarrassed to post my weekly totals this week.. I know I was off running but what is up with them..! I hope these dodgy numbers help kick my bum into gear for next week!

Miles - 4
Gymnastics - 1
Boxing - 1
Core - 1

Today I did a bodyweight strength density session, as many reps as possible in 20 minutes, I'm happy to say I wooped my last attempt! Last times numbers in brackets.

Push-ups - 40 (27)
Chin-ups (some reps are negatives) - 10 (6+37s hold)
Frog stand - 65s (36s)
Chair dips - 75 (43)

I'm amazed I even beat my last time's numbers as I'm feeling pretty rubbish today, I feel like I've got yet another throat infection coming along.. If I do it will be the third in less than three months, the last two have put me out of action for almost two weeks a time so I really, really hope this is a false alarm and these itchy sore tonsils are back to normal tomorrow. If not I guess I'm going to have to go to the docs again and see what they say, booo :-( Anyone got any advice on avoiding throat infections? I've heard to change my toothbrush so once this one goes I'm going to use a new one. I hope it's something as simple as that!

We went to my mum and dad's for a barbeque today, I ate inside with Mike though as we brought Roxie who thought it would be fun to try and eat all of mum's prized flowers! Eeeek! I forgot to snap a pic until part way through my plate but I had some tofu and vegetable skewers, a nutburger, salad, coleslaw a couple of quorn goujons and a potato waffle... sooooo full!

Before I go to watch the rest of Anchorman here's a few of Roxie's latest pics :-)
I might be a teensy bit biased but I think she has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen!
See you all tomorrow, hopefully without a nasty throat! Cross your fingers for me please!!

10 comments:

  1. wow your bodyweight stuff is just taking off! way to work hard there girl :)

    and stellar bbq. i totally want to havea huge blowout at my new apt cook out style when everything is all set up here. you have me chomping at the bit to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, the BBQ food looks wonderful:)

    I agree Roxie's eyes are stunning! She is such a beautiful puppy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, hope you feel better. Is it allergy related? Maybe sinus drainage - that always gives me a sore throat. Love the pup pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously impressed with your bw stuff! Are those unassisted pull-ups? And not chins? If so, I am triple impressed! :D

    Summer is a common time for colds - people think they just come in the winter, but not true. I think the incidence of viruses you haven't been exposed to is greater too due to people traveling (holidays abroad). I'm not joking - it's why everyone gets sick at the beginning of uni - viruses from all over the country / world that your body has never some across.

    If I feel something coming on I have complete rest for a day, no alcohol, good night's sleep, good food. If I still feel dodgy, I repeat.. I usually manage to fight things off that way. You could also try a zinc supplement (and vit c if you don't already take it); it boosts the immune system. HTH :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun i hope you feel better tomo, are you stocking up on lots of vitamins? try berocca, and try getting some metatone, its a not so great tasting thing that you can buy over the counter in the pharmacy, you drink a shop of it 3 times a day after every meal for about a week and it boosts your immune system through the roof, sounds like your system could do with a little pick me up. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I hope you don't end up with a throat infection. I get one once a year without fail but thankfully only the once, around February time usually. I have nothing to suggest except the usual, gargling salt water, vitamins, echinacea . . .

    Fingers crossed you don't get ill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your bad throat doesn't go fully blown! I'm with the others, just rest, hot lemon with honey and freshly grated ginger, keep warm, eat lots of fresh food. Hope your feeling better. Love the pics of Roxie, she has such a pretty face x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Roxie... woof woof. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what a potato waffle is but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete