Pages

Mileage counter

Tuesday 17 August 2010

It's All in the Head...

My leg was still feeling a bit iffy today so I decided to hold out on the running a bit longer. I hope it clears up soon, I definately must be injury prone! Mike's not running this week either as his legs are not great so we did a boxing workout instead.

10 x 1 minute rounds/1 minute rest

Although you get the same rest time as work time it just means you have to work harder in the work time! We're pretty tied to doing workouts where the rest time is the same as the work time or where we incorporate another exercise into our boxing workouts as we usually do them together and we only have one bag up! On the last round Mike said to me imagine you have to beat someone to save me cause I'm in danger.... The bag never stood a chance ;-)

After we'd done the boxing we did about 20 minutes of core work which got me thinking. Do I really need to quit when I think I do? I mean yeah it hurts but when I think I can't do any more is that really the case? I always think I can't carry on but if I really, really had to I'm sure I could push through the pain.. It's all mental isn't it!

Well it's just a quick post today.. Going to see if I can keep my eyes open long enough to watch a film... It's probably a no!

7 comments:

  1. So much of working out is mental isn't it? Especially running! Or for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for giving your leg a rest again today-- take care and hope it is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending positive vibes your way with the knee! at least your getting in some quality boxing. that must feel really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the curse of the mental barrier. I have a rule when I work out that if its getting really tough and I don't think I could possible ever continue, I'll keep going for 60 more seconds. I always make it through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree its all in the head. As I do a lot of home DVDs I often feel quite restricted by their timings. I sometimes just want to keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your leg is starting to feel better! Interesting thought about when you stop, I guess we all could push ourselves that little bit extra, like you said - its all mental x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your leg feels better after this rest! I totally agree that it is a mental thing when completing core work. I always want to quit on the planks but then when I stop I think oh I could have done more.

    ReplyDelete