Pages

Mileage counter

Sunday 8 August 2010

Killer Boxing Finisher

We did some gymnastics today, all the usual moves! I seem to be one step forward two steps back with the gymnastics stuff, it's hard! But it's getting there, even if it's slowly!

Handstand
L-sit progressions
Frog stand
Back lever progressions

The handstands are still being done by climbing up against the wall, I added some small push-up movements in this time though :-) I hope I stop getting so dizzy soon!! Slightly terrified of falling on my head as I get dizzy almost straight away.. I think I'm just a big wimp really!

We did a boxing finisher afterwards, 10 minutes of 30s high intensity/30s rest, it was hard but good hehe! The last 30s I punched constantly as hard as I could then flopped on the floor as soon as the buzzer went, I was so glad for it to be over haha! It's great because 30s is just short enough to work at a really intense rate but the 30s recovery gets harder and harder everytime so you really feel like you're getting a good bit of work done in a really short space of time.

I think I mentioned the ginger cat who visits our garden, he/she came again tonight and I snapped a picture, isn't he adorable (I'm going to call it he as it has a blue collar on and I think it's a boy..)!

I am slightly worried though, he seems to play with Tia and they have seemed playful and stuff the past times he's been in but today I'm not sure if he was chasing her too much, at one point she ran out and I don't want him to be scaring her out of the garden.. I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to chase away a play mate but I don't want her to feel pushed out of her space.. I'll have to keep an eye on it! - If anyone has any suggestions or similar experiences I'd appreciate hearing about them :-)

Here's some of Roxie growing too, here she is today at the park and...
Totally worn out!

Now that picture is what I feel like now, I sense an early night coming!

7 comments:

  1. i loooooove your animal photos :) i took some pug pics so i will post those!!! great idea :) he's got some classic "faces"... hah.

    gymnastics is seriously hard. i did gymnastics when i was little, i think it's easier for younger kids who can just throw themselves all around. i don't think i ever got sore until i hit puberty,... or maybe not even til college. lol. keep up your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little animals! I hope Ginger sticks around.

    The workouts sound tough--you are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    I used to be the queen of handstands:) When I was in highschool I could walk on my hands and do all sorts of other little tricks! There is no way in hell that I could do them now...not a chance:) Good for you for attempting to do gymnastics. You will be a pro in no time!

    On my goodness, that little ginger cat is so cute! Roxie is looking adorable as always too:) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat is so cute! I love ginger cats. I've never once managed a head stand I have huge apprechiation of those who can do gymnastics moves like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did gymnastics when I was a kid too. I even came in 4th in an over 11s comp, I was the youngest one there as I had just turned 11. To be fair though, there were only 5 of us in the comp! I was good at handstands though and my advice is to try them on the grass with a huge space around you, if you feel you are tipping over then curl in at the neck and turn it into a forward roll(curving your back as it touches down), that doesn't hurt a bit, honest! A handstand is an exercise used to engage all the muscles in your core, like a plank, so when you do it against the wall you're missing out on that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good workout to me. I definitely have days when I feel like that last picture of your puppy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw your post over at Never(home)makers! I love that you box! I do Muay Thai and have been training in that for a few years now. It's soooo nice to see another girl get some gloves and start working out! :D

    ReplyDelete