Pages

Mileage counter

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Greek Salad

Tia would much rather wear the feather boa toy I bought her than play with it.... I bought her a new toy as she seemed to like feathers before but since we had her spayed all she wants to do is eat! She is not interested in any of her toys... I try in vain to get her interested in chasing things hehe
I made a yummy lunch today so I had to share it it was a mish-mash of greek salad and a nicoise salad minus the tuna and the eggs.. so mainly a greek salad with new potatoes I guess hehe
It was so dull today I was trying desperately to find some light... The sink was my best option haha

I started with mixed baby leaves, chopped cucumber, local tomatoes (from Mike's auntie's garden), and green stuffed olives.. then I boiled some new potatoes and dressed them in salad cream while they were still warm. I tossed them all together with some crumbled feta cheese. Yummm! I didn't need any dressing as there was so much flavour from the potatoes and cheese :-)

We did some gymnastics today... I still can't do a handstand but I'm still trying haha... one day, one day! We did all the usuals too l-sit progressions, frog stand, back lever progressions. With the gymnastics stuff it's really wierd, sometimes I feel like I'm really progressing and sometimes I feel like my body's completely forgotten what it's supposed to do... Today was one of the latter days... My frog stand was more like a frog flop and don't get me started on the dreaded handstand! I must look so funny when I'm doing all the moves hehe Mike takes to it so naturally and I'm so clumsy.. I will get there though!

I think my leg will be good for a run tomorrow! I can't wait! Not sure what I'm going to do yet, maybe 4-5 miles at an easy pace, more if I feel good, less if I don't!

Hope everyone's had a good day :-)

16 comments:

  1. omg i LOVE that boa. seriously awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor cat! Enjoy your run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! Love that picture. Yum, I love a good Greek salad. Most of the time here you just get crappy lettuce and plain black olives. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the run goes well tomorrow!! Your cat is so cute with the pink feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good run tomorrow! Great pic of the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, your cat is so cute. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing if she wants to wear it everyday from now on, perhaps a bit diva-esque, but pretty amusing!

    Hope your manage to get out on your run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dam your cat knows how to accessorise!! clever girl she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the run. Nice and easy on the leg tho :)

    ps the gymnastics sounds awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha - I'm soooo gonna buy a blue one for Zeus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cat photo! I used to love salad cream and feta. Can't beat a big salad for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pic of the cat! Greek salad looks yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ya!
    Sorry I'm so late but I've only just got round to catching up on my blog-reading - Congratulations on your job (and thanks for your congrats on mine too - things are looking up all round ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cats and kids, they are more alike than I thought! My kids play with everything that I buy to wear!
    Salad looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The salad looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete