Pages

Mileage counter

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Catch up

How's everyone's week going? I can't believe it's Wednesday already, I feel like I've been constantly chasing a to-do list as long as my arm all week! I got a bit out of routine at the weekend and it throws me right off track!!

Here is my belated weekly report...

Run 3 times per week according to the Run Less Run Faster Plan Week 1-3 done! Week 4 2/3, not bad.. Even though I didn't do as much as planned I did some tough running - slightly hilly trail intervals anyone? Youch!
Run 60 miles - (12.5 for the week) 4.8 to go
Do 120 push-ups over the month -80 done so far (0 for the week) 40 left
Do 25 chin-ups over the month - 15 done so far (0 for the week) 10 left
Do 1 core workout a week - 1 done so far (0 for the week)
Do 1 gymnastics workout a week -3 done so far (1 for the week)
Cook more from scratch - This goals been going well... Just need to remember to buy more veg, for some reason I've been lacking a little in that department!

I did a quick workout on Sunday... It was hard, I felt so sick as I'd had two drinks the night before and somehow they managed to give me the hangover from hell.. What a lightweight!! I managed to do a few bits and bobs,
Push-ups - 40
Chin-ups - 7
Frog stand - 43s
Chair dips - 30
Core - 10 mins

I was so glad to be finished.. Alcohol really doesn't agree with me sometimes!

I think the only other thing I've fit in this week is a short 2 mile run. I did that this morning.. I actually had 8 miles planned but several things got in the way.. Mike took my headphones to uni so I decided to shorten it to 6 as I just couldn't face 8 without music. Then as I was leaving my house there were two men just stood across the street staring at me. They ended up freaking me out cause I couldn't figure out why they were staring at me. I decided to go on as planned but during the first mile I started thinking what if they were watching me leave and they were going to rob me and basically freaked myself out completely. I started thinking about listening to your instinct and my instinct was telling me they were up to no good.. I decided to finish that mile as fast as I could and then run a faster mile home after a short rest.. My lungs were struggling today, as were my legs.. Even though I got my first lie in today (6.35!!) I think I'm still a bit overtired.. For so many reasons I just wasn't feeling it today and it was such a hard run.

Mile 1 - 7.53
Mile 2 - 7.43

I got home and everything was absolutely fine. No sign of the scary men which left me feeling a bit silly but glad! I did 3 chin-ups while the bath was running which added on to Sunday's workout brings me up to target for the month targets.. I've still got a few miles to try and fit in tomorrow but I'm not sure if that will happen as we're going back boxing tomorrow!!!! Squeeeeeeeee!! So excited!! :D

I got an award a few days ago and I've been so slow acknowledging it! The Happy 101 award! There were a few guidelines;

1. Post who gave you the award:
Embrace Nutrition gave me the award. Thank-you! Awesome blog and I love the name! Go check it out :-)

2. Name ten things you like:
  1. Animals
  2. Spending time with Mike
  3. Running
  4. Boxing
  5. Blogging
  6. Reading blogs
  7. Cooking
  8. Christmas (86 days...)
  9. Playing clarinet
  10. Trashy telly!
3. Give this award to ten other people and notify them with a comment (in no particular order): I'm going to continue my trend of highlighting UK bloggers..
Seeking Healthy Balance
Runner Mum
Bambi's Eats
So Much Delicious
Little Running Wife
Hotchoc26
Running From, Running To
Rambling on about Running
Caroline's Blog
Fitness and Cake

Enjoy checking them out! And happy humpday, hopefully it won't take me so long to get back here next time!

9 comments:

  1. Do you still play clarinet? My son just took it up--so far, pretty loud and not very harmonious!

    I love animals as well, and trash telly is a guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise to go with your instinct. And look how speedy you're getting! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad those freaky men didn't turn out to be a problem but you did right to trust your instinct. I'm with you on the Christmas love, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not cool on those men. If I see people out and about that make me nervous I always try to listen to my instincts and usually take a different direction as to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i soooooooooo freak myself over anyone that's out when i'm running. i envision lots of scary scenarios. which freaks me out even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's always better to go with your gut. 999 times out of 1,000 we're probably worrying about nothing, but it's worth it for the 1 time you're right..

    Nice 2 miles though - good tuning up for the ol' legs (and lungs no doubt!). And good work on the chins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura,
    I always feel like such a slacker when I see what you are doing for workouts:) Great list of things!

    Awesome...more UK blogs to check out! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun list! I love to learn more about my blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you soooo much! I love trashy mags too! x

    ReplyDelete