Pages

Mileage counter

Friday 5 February 2010

3-4/02/10

Sorry I haven't posted for the past two days, I'm not even sure how I ended up so busy but I've barely been on the computer. On Wednesday I did my first ever tempo run, I went into it feeling quietly confident, how wrong was I!!! It was one of the toughest runs yet, I don't know if it's because I took my intervals a bit fast on Monday or if it's down to the fact that the slow base building running I'd been doing can lower your pace temporarily but I could not keep pace. My average heart rate for the fast portion of the run was 178 and my highest was 188, tough!! I hope I do better next time it comes up in the schedule!

03/02/01
AM - Tempo Run
1 mile easy
prescribed pace of 10.11 ran at 10.23 (included running up a flight of stairs which I guess must have slowed me down cause I was on track until then, finished the mile right after)
3 miles at short tempo pace prescribed pace of 8.36, I ran at 8.48 per mile
1 mile easy again, prescribed pace of 10.11, I ran a little faster at 10 minute pace, it didn't feel like I was pushing it too much and I just wanted to get home!

PM

Isometric punches x4 sets Jab/Straight/L.hook/R.uppercut
Push-ups 5x12
Wrist curls 5kg 3x20
Reverse wrist curls 1kg 2x30
Uneven wrist curls 0.5kg 3x20
Core work - 15minutes

04/02/10
Boxing - 2hrs
Warm up -
10 minutes jogging/ stretching

Skipping - 6 x 2min

Heavy bag - 9 x 2min

Power circuit - 20s each station/ 2 rounds
  • Bench dips
  • Db punches
  • Box step ups
  • Mountain climbers
  • MB Slams
  • Shadowboxing
  • Military press
  • Sit ups with a twist
  • DB Shrugs
  • Push ups
  • Full jumping jacks
  • Upright rows
  • Leg raises
Cool down - 10 minutes stretching
included 47 push-ups

I have a 6 mile slow run planned today so I'll be back later!

1 comment:

  1. i think tempos are supposed to be really hard. great work and don't worry too much about the pace, it was your first one so youll get where you need to be :)

    ReplyDelete