Pages

Mileage counter

Thursday 4 March 2010

03/03/10

Sorry I didn't get back to posting on Tuesday, we didn't manage to get a lift to boxing in the end so I took my rest day scheduled for Wednesday on Tuesday. Yesterday we did manage to get to boxing, it felt really great to be back in the gym!

AM - Core
In the morning Mike and I did a quick core workout, we were only going to do 15 minutes but we ended up doing 27, we added some new exercises with weights, the russian twist and side bends, I'm really feeling them today haha. We ended up doing some isometric holds trying to last longer than each other, I won the first hold and Mike won the second.. Actually we were supposed to give the loser a forfeit but we forgot, I guess it doesn't matter since we ended up evens!

PM - Boxing
Warm up - 15 minutes of jogging, stretching and plyometrics
Skipping - 2 x 2 minutes
Shadow boxing - 6 x 2 minutes
Heavy bag - 4 x 2 minutes
Power circuit - 2 rounds/ 1st rd 20s each station/ 2nd rd 15s each station
  • DB Shrugs
  • Push ups
  • Full jumping jacks
  • Upright rows
  • Leg raises
  • Bench dips
  • Db punches
  • Box step ups
  • Mountain climbers
  • MB Slams
  • Shadowboxing
  • Military press
  • Sit ups with a twist
  • Uppercuts with resistance band
Cool down - 10 minutes

* Included 29 push-ups

Well sorry this has been a really quick post, my week has been a bit manic and I'm out all day doing a course, my second this week, it all comes at once heh. I've got a run planned tonight on the dreadmill! *cue dramatic music* I haven't run on a treadmill for so long but it's the only time I can run today unless I ran in the dark which isn't really the best option, treadmill would be safer so no matter how much I dislike it that's what it will be! It'll be a change anyway!

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ooh you are lucky you have a strength/core partner!!

    good luck on your run tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the dreadmill wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete