Pages

Mileage counter

Friday 22 January 2010

22/01/10

Well I'm looking forward to my rest day tomorrow! I only worked out once today in the morning, I'm definately ready for a rest. My legs feel a lot better than I expected them to today after yesterdays long run and having run two days in a row which I don't often do with boxing training as well.

GPP
  • 10 Burpees
  • 5 Push-ups
  • 10 Squats
  • 100 High knee dumbell press
x 10 rounds

I completed this in 18.22, the high knee dumbell presses were surprisingly tough and I definately felt a lot of fatigue in my legs during the workout!

I followed this workout with 20 minutes of continuous core work with Mike, he's injured the cartilidge between his ribs and a lot of core work triggers the injury so the core work was mainly planks and leg raises - my least favourite core work but the two exercises which don't agravate the injury!! Tough!

I made these brownies for us tonight, they were really nice :) the original recipe is here but I've posted the recipe we made here we changed a few things such as halving the butter and subbing applesauce and using xlitol instead of sugar and less of it. We also used less cocoa powder as some of the comments suggested and they were definately chocolatey enough.

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 and 1/3cups xylitol (instead of 2 cups sugar!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup wholewheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line one 9x13 inch pan with greased parchment paper.
  2. Combine the wet ingredients, then add the cocoa and lastly the flour, don't overmix. It should be very thick and sticky.
  3. Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
I'll probably post some pictures tomorrow but it's too dark now and they will look rubbish if I take them now!

1 comment:

  1. i'm always scared to make changes in recipes! haha.

    and i never thought about using running to lower the hr and build stamina. although now that you explicitly said that it totally is what a lot of running is about. DOH!

    oh and i LOVE that you box. that is soooo hardcore :)

    ReplyDelete