- 10 Burpees
- 5 Push-ups
- 10 Squats
- 100 High knee dumbell press
I completed this in 18.22, the high knee dumbell presses were surprisingly tough and I definately felt a lot of fatigue in my legs during the workout!
I followed this workout with 20 minutes of continuous core work with Mike, he's injured the cartilidge between his ribs and a lot of core work triggers the injury so the core work was mainly planks and leg raises - my least favourite core work but the two exercises which don't agravate the injury!! Tough!
I made these brownies for us tonight, they were really nice :) the original recipe is here but I've posted the recipe we made here we changed a few things such as halving the butter and subbing applesauce and using xlitol instead of sugar and less of it. We also used less cocoa powder as some of the comments suggested and they were definately chocolatey enough.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 and 1/3cups xylitol (instead of 2 cups sugar!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line one 9x13 inch pan with greased parchment paper.
- Combine the wet ingredients, then add the cocoa and lastly the flour, don't overmix. It should be very thick and sticky.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.