Pages

Mileage counter

Friday 29 January 2010

29/01/10

I had one of the worst workouts ever today! Did some boxing work with Mike

2 mile jog warm up
7x2 min rounds sparring 1 min rest
1x2 min pad work

I performed terribly in the sparring... Not keeping my guard up missing shots, taking way more shots than I usually do. I had no defences and my shots felt weak. So frustrating, I hate having bad sparring it really knocks my confidence. I guess I was already feeling rough about not performing well in the sparring and the pad round went terribly. I was going to do three but I cut it short after one cause I'd wound myself up about not performing well and got really upset. I've got a perfectionist tendancy which helps me work hard but it can be so detrimental at times.. It's so silly that I got as upset as I did but I'm putting it down to being overtired at the moment, I really need a good nights sleep!

I cooked Mike and I a good comfort food tea since neither of us had a good workout and were both feeling a bit down in the dumps about it! I made home made chips (fries for the Americans).. I did this by baking some potatoes I like to use Sainsbury's vivaldi potatoes, they're a little pricey but they make the best chips I've ever eaten... Anyway... I bake them in the microwave until they're cooked through then chop them into chip shapes with the skin still on, salt them, and bake them in the oven until they're nice and crispy, no need for oil cause I cook them on non stick baking sheets. With the chips we had baked beans and I had a quorn chicken burger, Mike had quorn sausages and eggs.

p.s. I promise I'll stop winging tomorrow I think I've done nothing but complain this week, I've had an off week - no more whining from now on haha

1 comment:

  1. i have the same mindset that you do: my perfectionism is great for me in pushing myself but definitely leads to hard feelings. but you are soooo hardcore for even attempting to box. seriously! i am in such awe of it :)

    and you totally should pick up a german copy of HP. the reason i picked HP for my foreign language books was because i knew the story so well and it wouldn't be as laborious as some of the texts i've read for my FL classes have been. i'm sure german will come back to you with a bit of exposure!

    and if you need some new reading material i'd recommend the alphabet series by sue grafton. i love them! (whew long comment! sorry haha)

    ReplyDelete