Pages

Mileage counter

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Allergy free cinnamon buns and other bits 'n' bobs

When I decided to try Angela's Skinny Mini Glo-buns a few months ago they were so good my cinnamon hating boyfriend smelt them cooking and asked me to try making him a gluten free, soy free, sugar free version... I'm always up for a challenge so I had a go, to my surprise, my first attempt was pretty much the same as the wheat version I'd cooked up for myself, and if you're not worried about being sugar free you can always ice them up! Here's my recipe which is based on Angela's... These would be cool for a children's party as they go a wierd green colour from the avocado!

Green Cinnabuns
Wet
1 medium banana
1 small avocado
1 T rice milk
1/4 t apple cider vinegar

Dry
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

Method
  1. pre-heat the oven to 205c/400f
  2. blend the wet ingredient (should come to around 7 tablespoons)
  3. sift the dry into the wet
  4. form a dough and roll out onto a floured surface (I like to roll it onto parchment which I then use to roll it up as the dough is fragile)
  5. take a third of a cup of date paste (made by blending dates with just enough water to cover, hot water helps them blend quicker) mix a generous half tablespoon of cinnamon into the date paste and spread on the dough.
  6. roll up using the parchment and chop into slices
  7. for extra sweetness sprinkle with xylitol
  8. bake for 16 minutes
  9. Enjoy!

Green cinnabuns and skinny mini glo-buns in the background


skinny mini glo-buns with green cinnabuns in the background


green cinnabun


Skinny mini glo-bun

No comments:

Post a Comment